Electronic Arts Reports Q4 FY13 and FY13 Financial Results
- FY 2013 Non-GAAP Digital Net Revenue Up 36% to $1.7 Billion
- FIFA 13 Sells Over 14.5 Million Units in FY 2013
- Battlefield 3 Premium Has Over 3.5 Million Subscribers To Date
- SimCity Sells Over 1.6 Million Units To Date
- EA and The Walt Disney Company Announce Multi-Year Star Wars Franchise Agreement
Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced preliminary financial results for its fourth fiscal quarter and fiscal year ended March 31, 2013.
"As we enter a new fiscal year, EA is well-positioned for dynamic growth on next generation consoles, PCs, and mobile platforms," said Executive Chairman Larry Probst. "With world-class games, a rapidly growing digital business, and top-notch creative talent, we are excited about EA's strategy for FY 2014 and beyond."
"EA has a solid operating plan with disciplined R&D spending and a sharp focus on delivering the best games and services," said Chief Financial Officer Blake Jorgensen. "We are holding our FY 2014 operating expenses flat to the prior year - a significant achievement in a console transition year."
"EA and Disney have signed an agreement to create a number of games on the Star Wars franchise," said EA President of Labels Frank Gibeau. "Our agreement unlocks a whole new future of Star Wars games that will span consoles, PCs, tablets, mobile, and more."
Selected Operating Highlights and Metrics
*On a non-GAAP basis
- EA was the #1 publisher in Western retail markets in the March quarter, and the #1 global publisher in the iOS game market for FY 2013.
- Battlefield 3 Premium generated over $120 million* in revenue through the March quarter, and has over 3.5 million subscriptions to date.
- SimCity sold through over 1.6 million units since launching in March, with approximately 50% of sales in the form of digital downloads.
- FIFA 13 sold through over 14.5 million units in FY 2013, approximately a 30% increase versus FIFA 12 in the prior year.
- FIFA 13 digital net revenue topped $200 million* in FY 2013, a 94% increase versus FIFA 12 in the prior year.
- Total FIFA digital net revenue generated nearly $350 million* in FY 2013, including EA SPORTS FIFA Online and FIFA World Class Soccer.
- The Simpsons: Tapped Out was a top-5 grossing iOS game in the March quarter, generating almost $10 million* in digital net revenue in the month of March, and totaling almost $50 million* since launching in August.
- Real Racing 3, the #1 racing title on iOS, has generated more than 30 million downloads, and has averaged over 2.5 million daily active users since launching in March.
- EA's games and services for mobile and handheld digital revenue generated $104 million* in the quarter, a 21%* year-over-year increase in digital net revenue.
- EA's Origin platform for downloading digital games and services has registered over 47 million users, including 20 million mobile users.
- Trailing twelve-month non-GAAP digital net revenue was up 36% to a record $1.7 billion*.
- Trailing twelve-month operating cash flow was $324 million, a $47 million improvement versus the prior year.
- EA will develop and publish new Star Wars titles for fans across the most popular gaming genres and platforms.
Q4 Financial Highlights
For the quarter, non-GAAP net revenue of $1,040 million was within our guidance of $1,025 million to $1,125 million. Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share of $0.55 was slightly below our guidance of $0.57 to $0.72.
Trailing Twelve Month (T.T.M.) Financial Highlights
Q4 FY13 Digital Metrics