Tecmo Koei America Reveals E3 2012 Plans
Countdown to Highly Anticipated DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Launch Starts with First Event of IGN Pro League DOA5 Tournament Series, Live at the Tecmo Koei E3 Booth Each Day
Tecmo Koei America today announced its Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2012 strategy focusing on an in depth look at the highly anticipated next generation of Dead or Alive combat, Dead or Alive 5. The fighting game will highlight Tecmo Koei's E3 presence with comprehensive, hands-on demos and the kickoff of the exclusive Dead or Alive 5 tournament series presented in collaboration with the IGN Pro League (IPL), the competitive gaming league presented by IGN Entertainment. Tecmo Koei will also reveal new projects at the show. The Tecmo Koei booth is located in the South Hall, Booth #2047.
"Tecmo Koei America has a knockout E3 lineup led by an in-depth showcase of Dead or Alive 5, the new generation of action fighting games," said Amos Ip, SVP and General Manager of Tecmo Koei America. "This year's booth will highlight not only the best new games but the kickoff of a series of spectacular events we're hosting, the Dead or Alive 5 gaming tournament that spotlights the fighting skills of the best players in the world."
The following titles and events will topline Tecmo Koei's strong presence at E3:
Dead or Alive 5 (Hands on Demo)
Dead or Alive 5 incorporates a variety of martial arts fighting techniques into its signature fighting style to create a new generation of intense Dead or Alive combat. Players will once again take on the roles of the cast of Dead or Alive fighters, along with new contenders such as Virtua Fighter's Akira Yuki, in an action-packed brawler set in visually striking locations from around the world. The famed Dead or Alive hand-to-hand combat returns in DOA5, supported by new 3D stages that change as the match progresses. Created by TEAM NINJA, the fighting game will ship for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in September.
Dead or Alive 5 Tournament (Exclusive Live Event)
Kicking off at E3 with an exciting competition, the IPL's Dead or Alive 5 pro gaming tournament will continue throughout the summer culminating in the crowning of the "I'm a Fighter" world champion timed to the game's September launch. The E3 tournament will qualify the first set of finalists for tournament series to find the ultimate DOA5 master, with each match being streamed on large screens and live broadcast on http://doa.ign.com. Aspiring fighters are encouraged to sign up at the TKA booth in the South Hall, Booth #2047. Come early for the best viewing spots as crowds are sure to gather!
- Tuesday, June 5th: 1PM: 1st Tournament - 4PM: 2nd Tournament
- Wednesday, June 6th: 12PM: 3rd Tournament - 3PM: 4th Tournament
- Thursday, June 7th: 12PM: Tournament Finals
The Tecmo Koei booth will also host partner titles including the following:
- Pokemon Conquest (Nintendo DS family) -- Warlords and their Pokemon clash in Pokemon Conquest, a new game for the Nintendo DS family of systems! Battle other Warlords—and their Pokemon—to conquer all before you and unite the 17 kingdoms of Ransei. Meet Warriors and their Pokemon, plan new strategies, and explore the massive Ransei region in this new Pokemon adventure. Pokemon Conquest launches on June 18, and will be published by Nintendo of America, Inc.
- Mugen Souls (PlayStation 3) - Become the Undisputed Goddess and take over the world! Mugen Souls is an Absolutely Insane RPG. Take on the role of Goddess Chou-Chou, and use your peons to take over the world. Fight against both Heroes and Demon Lords, and enjoy battles with billions of damages, unique/crazy characters and a world rich in chaos. Mugen Souls launches on September 18, and will be developed by Compile Heart and published by NIS America.
In addition to hands on demos with select titles, E3 media can meet and speak with key members from Team NINJA and other Tecmo Koei divisions by scheduling media appointments with Tecmo Koei PR representatives.